Devonshire Gardens: Hembury Homes’ Latest Site Acquisition

Devonshire Gardens, North Tawton, is our latest site acquisition. The 1.54 acres (0.62 hectares) site has outline planning permission for up to 14 homes.

Devonshire Gardens North Tawton
Devonshire Gardens, North Tawton

 The thriving town of North Tawton has a population of just over 2,000 people and it is home to a range of amenities including a primary school, which is rated “good” by Ofsted, medical practice, dentist, four pubs and a rugby club.

In December 2019 West Devon Borough Council granted outline planning permission at The Depot for a mix of 14 homes – terraced, semi-detached and detached properties together with associated infrastructure works subject to a range of conditions.

The proposed scheme comprises eight two-bedroom properties and six three-bedroom dwellings. 70% (approximately 10) homes will be open market, with the remaining 30% being affordable.

Hembury Homes Managing Director Dan Salt said: “The planning permission ensures that the scheme will contribute to the local education needs, with secured allocations of circa £65,000.“Hembury Homes has started working on the preparation of the detailed scheme and we hope to start working with the town very shortly.”

To keep up to date on all forthcoming Hembury Homes developments in Devon, contact us and we will add you to our waiting list.